The Dads Association at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign recently announced the recipients of the 2015 – 2016 Dads Association Scholarship. After receiving 76 applications, six students were chosen as recipients of $2,000 each. The six recipients were:
- Samantha Bolet, a junior majoring in Political Science and Communications with a minor in Spanish and International Development Economics
- Anne Geitner, a sophomore majoring in Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Sara Napoli, a Pre-Med junior majoring in Molecular and Cellular Biology with a minor in Spanish
- Lauren Elizabeth Schatz, a sophomore majoring in Communications and Political Science with a minor in Leadership Studies
- Daniel Socha, a sophomore majoring in Mechanical Engineering
- Sean Zwicky, a sophomore majoring Kinesiology
Scholarships are available to students who show both merit and need. Applications are available online or through the Parent and Family Programs Office at the Illini Student Union. Watch for the announcement of new submissions in the Fall of each year.
The Dads Association at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, established in 1922, is believed to be one of the nation’s oldest parent organizations. The Association supports programs, services and activities that promote the health, safety and well-being of the University community and serves as a parent liaison to the campus. The Dads Association is a not for profit organization funded through donations and major events like Dads Weekend November 4-6, 2016.