The Dads Association at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign recently announced the recipients of the 2016 – 2017 Dads Association Scholarship. After receiving 41 applications, six students were chosen as recipients of $2,000 each. The six recipients were:
- Kimberly Guse, Junior, majoring in Learning and Education Studies
- Kyra Puetz, Freshman, English major
- Daniel Mace, Junior, Chemical Engineering major
- Machaela C. Leno, Freshman, Art Education major
- Mateusz M. Korzen, Freshman majoring in Aerospace
- Jeremy Luczak, Freshman majoring in Kinesiology
Scholarships are available to students who show both merit and need. Applications are available online or through the Parent and Family Programs Office at the Illini Student Union. Watch for the announcement of new submissions in the Fall of each year.
The Dads Association at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, established in 1922, is believed to be one of the nation’s oldest parent organizations. The Association supports programs, services and activities that promote the health, safety and well-being of the University community and serves as a parent liaison to the campus. The Dads Association is a not for profit organization funded through donations and major events like Dads Weekend November 10-12, 2017. IlliniDads has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Illini student body and the Urbana-Champaign community since 1922.