Dad’s Association to Award Six $2,000 Student Scholarships
- For more information, see the Scholarships page
50/50 Scholarship Raffle
Each year, the Moms and Dads Associations coordinate a scholarship drawing. In order for more people to be eligible to win, the raffle is now a 50/50 drawing. Rather than a first and second prize, one winner will receive 50% of the net proceeds of the raffle, up to a maximum of $25,000. For more information and to print tickets to mail in, click here.
DADS WEEKEND 2015
Nominations for King Dad 2015 are now open!
Nominate your dad for King Dad! Nominations due by October 9, 2015. Click here for more information
Dads Weekend is on the horizon! While there is not a “general registration” for the weekend, all of the Illini Union Events are detailed below, as well as links to additional information. Families may attend the events of their choice and make their weekend the best it can be. Some events require advance ticket purchase, so please read through carefully.
Dads Association sponsored Dads Weekend 2015 tickets are available here.
If you have tickets you are looking to sell/buy, visit our Facebook page.
Dad’s Weekend Calendar of Events
Friday, November 13
- Welcome Reception & Ticket Pick-Up
5pm – 8pm | Illini Room C & South Lounge
Start your weekend with light refreshments and enjoy the awards presentations where Dads Association winners will be announced. Pick up your reserved event tickets, or stop by the Information Table. Tickets will be available for pick up until 8pm.
*To facilitate ticket distribution, we highly recommend all weekend event tickets be picked up at this reception or prior during one of the Ticket Distribution opportunities.
- Hockey: Illinois vs. Iowa State
7:30pm | University of Illinois Ice Arena
$9 per ticket
Saturday, November 14, 2015
Dads Pre-Game BBQ & Football Game: Illinois vs. Ohio State
Athletics and Recreation Center (ARC) | 201 E. Peabody Dr.
*Note: Do NOT call the ARC to order tickets; ALL tickets are purchased throughthe Parent and Family Programs Office (PFPA) and the Dads Association using the link listed at the top of this page
The BBQ starts two hours before the scheduled kickoff of the football game (TBA). When it is, that information will be posted on the Illini Union Parent and Family Programs website, Facebook, and Twitter. Food will no longer be served after the opening Kick-Off of the game.
$68 includes BBQ and a football ticket
$58 for football ticket only
- Dads Weekend Rock Concert: American English, The Complete Beatles Tribute
8pm | Foellinger Auditorium
Sponsored by the Dads Association and Illini Union Board.
$15 per ticket
$25 for multiples of 2 tickets
Sunday, November 15, 2015
- Dads Sunday Brunch
11am – 1pm | Illini Union I-Rooms ABC
Join your student at the Union for a delicious brunch before you hit the road!
$20 per person
- The deadline to purchase tickets is October 19, 2015
- TICKET PICKUP INFORMATION: Tickets for ALL events must be picked up in person (students picking up tickets must show their i-Card) at the following venues:
- Wednesday, November 11 – Friday, November 13, between 10 am – 2 pm Illini Union Room 317. Students who pick tickets up on behalf of families must show their student ID.
- Friday, November 13, between 3 pm – 8 pm at the Friday Night Welcome Reception. Must show ID.
- Saturday, November 14, at the Pre-Game BBQ in the ARC. Tickets will be held until the beginning of half-time of the football game. Must show ID.
- Dads Pre-Game BBQ and football game tickets need to be purchased for every guest, including U of I students. Student or other regular season ticket holders may not use their regular season ticket to sit in the Special Dads Weekend section.
- All profits and proceeds from ticket sales support Dads Association projects, including scholarships and grants for U of I students. Thanks for your support!
- For Saturday’s game day parking information, click here (forthcoming). Parking information is located at the bottom of the page. Parking is severely restricted and roads around the ARC are closed on game days! For parking on Friday or Sunday around the Illini Union, parking is free in most university lots (please make sure to read parking signs, as some lots/spaces are enforced 24 hours/7 days a week.) Visit the parking website to see parking maps near the Union.
- General Inquiries